Sunday, June 21, 2015

Some Friendly Advice On Taking Stupid Advice From Meg Ryan

When I was ten or eleven, my parents showed me this movie


because they're the greatest parents on the planet and that movie was frigging awesome. I was thinking about it today and I remembered this quote 

and I remember, when I first saw this movie and heard that quote, I said to myself, "Self, you should be more like that," so I tried to be more like that. And it was ****** exhausting because every day my ***** brain ****** exploded all over the ******* floor. If I were in the habit of telling people what to do (which it appears I am) I would (and do) say don't try to be a 10, because you'll never actually reach 10 until you get to Heaven and odds are the best you can do is a 5, and you'll stay at a 5 for years until finally you say, "screw this, I'll not try at all and I'll just be a 1," after which you spend the rest of your days feeling like an absolute scumbag. 

Not that I feel like an absolute scumbag. I just spent a lot of money on itunes, so I feel terrific; I'm just saying if you're like me, take a chillaxative and don't let Meg Ryan make you feel like an inadequate human being.





No comments:

Post a Comment