Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wishful Thinking "These Old Shades" Casting

This post is for Mary.

Hi Mary!

I've been reading These Old Shades by Georgette *****ing Heyer and, as is my wont whilst reading I've been coming up for a cast list should this book ever be made into a movie. I don't know why there aren't any Georgette Heyer movies. They would make producers very rich and they would make me very happy.

Bah!

Anyway, Mary, I know we've come up with cast lists for this movie before, but I think Colin Firth and Alan Rickman might've gotten sort of old since last time. I didn't come up with a full cast, but here's a few Non-Negotiables.

Richard Armitage as His Grace the Duke of Avon [aka Justin Alistair]


You offend my nostrils. 

I have no heart. 

My enfant, duchesses do not dance on chairs. 

Aidan Turner as Lord Rupert Alistair 

Rot his black soul! 


Devil fly away with Justin!

Hey, you little madcap! 

Martin Freeman as Mr. Manvers 


I am not come here to help YOUUUUU!


I will not stay with that woman who has the vapours!


Sorry, Mary, you probably don't approve of that last picture, but just look at it and think of Mr. Manvers and you can thank me later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment